Celebrities

'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant contradicts Corinne Olympios: 'Everyone saw them kissing and having fun collectively'

corinne-jasmine-statement-scandal.jpg

Corinne Olympios and Jasmine Goode.


Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images and ABC

The INSIDER Summary:

  • “Bachelor in Paradise” filming has been “suspended.”
  • This comes after an incident that allegedly includes Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson.
  • Olympios launched a press release to TMZ: “I am a sufferer.”
  • “Bachelor in Paradise” contestant Jasmine Goode spoke to People journal and contradicted Olympios’ assertion.
  • “Everyone saw them kissing and having fun collectively,” Goode alleges.

The recent alleged incident involving former “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson that prompted producers to droop filming on “Bachelor in Paradise” retains getting messier.

Now, season 4 “Paradise” contestant and former “Bachelor” season 21 alum Jasmine Goode is speaking out to People magazine about the scandal, and she seems to fully contradict Olympios’ public assertion.

Previously, 25-year-old Olympios released a statement to TMZ to say that she considers herself “a sufferer” and doesn’t bear in mind the events of Sunday June 4, when the incident with 30-year-old Jackson is alleged to have occurred. But Goode — who was capturing “Bachelor in Paradise” alongside Olympios — describes the state of affairs very in another way in an interview with People.

“Everyone saw them kissing and having fun collectively,” Goode told People. “It was recognized the subsequent day, simply two individuals who connected, nothing out of the abnormal. There was different hookups between different forged members like another season of ‘Paradise,’ however for some purpose this one is being dropped at mild. Doesn’t make sense.”


Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson.


ABC

Previously, sources told news outlets sexual encounter between Jackson and Olympios occurred when she was too drunk to present correct consent and the present’s cameras have been rolling. But Goode insists it did not appear that strategy to her on set.

“To me and everybody else, it simply appeared like loopy fun Corinne that we’re used to as a result of for the subsequent two days we saved filming,” Goode said. “So there was by no means any second that we felt unsafe or that I believed that she felt unsafe.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, manufacturing continued on the present Monday following the alleged incident on Sunday. But sooner or later between Sunday and Tuesday, a producer filed a third-party grievance of potential sexual misconduct. Filming was suspended and the forged members have been positioned on lockdown in separate rooms till they have been in the end despatched residence. You can read our full breakdown of events here.

Since being despatched residence, most of the contestants and even host Chris Harrison have tweeted or released statements about the events. Goode herself tweeted, “So a lot faux information on the market swirling round.”

“Corinne’s considered one of my associates too, and that is what bothers me as a result of I am getting a number of warmth now, a bunch of us are, for not taking her aspect however the factor is, there actually wasn’t a aspect,” she told People. “If somebody’s getting harm and you are my buddy, I’ll step in however what I saw, I did not see any totally different than what I usually cope with.”

Some individuals consider Olympios is being slut-shamed for her behavior by those that do not consider her account. Meanwhile, the 25-year-old “Bachelor” star has employed an legal professional to symbolize her.

“As a girl, that is my worst nightmare and it has now turn out to be my actuality,” Olympios told TMZ. “As I pursue the small print and info surrounding that evening and the instant days after, I’ve retained a bunch of execs to make sure that what occurred on June four involves mild and I can proceed my life, together with hiring an legal professional to acquire justice and looking for remedy to start coping with the bodily and emotional trauma stemming from that night.”

INSIDER initially reached out to ABC concerning the alleged incident the place a spokesperson directed us to Warner Bros, which licenses “Bachelor in Paradise” to ABC. A spokesperson for Warner Bros confirmed manufacturing for the fact present was “suspended.”

It stays to be seen if “Bachelor in Paradise” will be canceled for good.

Read Jasmine Goode’s full interview with People here.